Share This

Friday, July 9, 2010

Kyron Horman case: Part 1 Disappearance from school, Terri Horman and Facebook

Kyron Horman case: Part 1 Disappearance from school, Terri Horman and Facebook

On June 4, 2010 it was learned that a 7-year-old boy named Kyron Horman had disappeared from his school. Kyron was last seen by his stepmother, Terri Horman at the Skyline Elementary school located at 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd in Portland, Oregon. His stepmother , Terri Moulton Horman, said that she last saw Kyron at 8:45 a.m. The two had gone to the school to tour science exhibit. Later that day, Kyron was to participate in a talent show. The talent show would being at 1:00 p.m. and end at 2:45. Kyron never made it to the talent show.

A witness, Gina Zimmerman said that she saw Terri Moulton Horman and Kyron at the school science fair at approximately 8:15 a.m. By 9:00 a.m. another student reported that he saw Kyron by the south entrance of the Skyline Elementary School.

Kyron’s elementary school classes would begin at 10:00 a.m., Kyron wasn’t in class and his teacher, Kristina Porter reported him absent, however, the school did not call the Horman house to report him missing.

At approximately 1:21 p.m., Terri Moulton Horman added photos of Kyron to her Facebook page. He was last seen wearing the clothing in the photo, a black CSI tee-shirt, and khaki colored shorts. Terri Horman told authorities that at 3:30 p.m., she went to meet Kyron at his bus stop but he was not there. During the early part of the investigation the family refused to speak to media. Once they did start speaking it was learned that Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman had been with Terri Horman at 3:30 p.m., to meet Kyron from the bus.

The Horman’s contacted the school and reported Kyron Horman missing. At 3:46 p.m. Susan Hall, the secretary for Skyline Elementary contacted 911 and reported Kyron’s disappearance. By 4:30 p.m., investigators with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the Portland Police were on the scene at the school and the Horman home to investigate.

By 5:30 p.m., a reverse 911 call was sent to all homes of children who attend Portland Public Schools. The message stated, “Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today."

Sergeant Lee Gosson of the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office notified Sergeant Travis Gullberg who began to coordinate the search for Kyron. By 7:45 p.m., Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called the FBI. At 8:09, the first of several search teams arrived at Skyline Elementary to begin looking for Kyron.

Lieutenant Mary Lindstrand, who is with the Public Information Office, sent Kyron’s photo by email to local media outlets. Deputy Mark Herron, the search and rescue coordinator, arrived on the scene at 8:25 p.m. A second search and rescue group, Mountain Wave, arrived on the scene at 9:48 p.m. By 10:40 p.m., the Skyline Elementary School and the Horman’s home has been thoroughly searched; there were no signs of Kyron.

No comments:

Post a Comment